MCESG Commanding Officer: Col. Douglas Fairfield
MCESG Executive Officer: Lt. Col. Michael D. Robinson
MCESG Sergeant Major: Sgt. Maj. Patrick L. Kimble
MSG School Chief Instructor: Master Sgt. Christopher A. McNeely
MCESG Motto: In every clime and place
Located at Marine Corps Base Quantico, Va., the Marine Corps Embassy Security Group Headquarters provides support to the Marine Security Guard School and nine region headquarters located in Florida, Germany, Thailand, South Africa and United Arab Emirates. The regional headquarters provide operational supervision to MSG detachments worldwide. The MSG School is responsible for the training of Marine Security Guards and screening them for assignment abroad.
MCESG headquarters consists of more then 100 permanent personnel with approximately nine permanent personnel at each of the regional headquarters.
• Average MSG class size is 100 students with a graduation rate of approximately 80-85 percent.
• MSG School is six weeks long for watch standers (sergeants and below) and eight weeks long for detachment commanders (staff sergeants and above).
• The course consists of training in weapons handling, defensive tactics, response training and interaction with the State Department.
• MSG students may submit duty post requests. However, the needs of Corps take precedence when distributing their assigned posts.
The mission of the Marine Security Guard is to:
• provide internal security preventing the compromise of classified material vital to the national security of the United States.
• provide protection for U.S. citizens and U.S government property located within designated U.S. diplomatic and consular premises.
1,100 – The number of allocations for MSGs.
// By Lance Cpl. Jacob D. Osborne
ARLINGTON, Va – Motorcycles are hard to see while driving down the road and can easily be hidden in a vehicle’s blind spot. The end result in these situations can be fatal. Motorcycles are the [Read more...]